TERMS OF CONDITIONS
Who are we?
Your promise to us
You agree that in using the Site you will not:
- use the Site or any of its Content (as defined below) for any unlawful purpose or in any way that may lead to the encouragement, procurement or carrying out of any criminal activity;
- transfer files which contain viruses, trojans or other harmful programs or use the Site or any of its Content (as defined below) in any way that interrupts, damages, impairs or renders the Site less efficient; or
- use the Site for any purpose other than your personal or not-for-profit educational use.
Rights granted and rights reserved
All content available on the Site including, but not limited to, text, graphics, logos, button icons, images, audio and video clips, data compilations and software, and the compilation thereof (the "Content") is the property of us, our affiliates, our partners or our licensors, and may be protected by United Kingdom and international copyright and other similar laws. Your use of the Site and the Content grants no rights to you in relation to our or any third party's intellectual property rights in the Site and the Content.
We have endeavoured to trace all copyright holders and gain permission for use of the Content on this Site. We invite any information concerning copyright and if you consider that you are the copyright holder in respect of any Content on the Site and we have not obtained your permission please contact us at email@example.com
You may not copy, reproduce, republish, download, print, post, perform, broadcast, record, transmit, commercially exploit, edit, communicate to the public or distribute in any way the Site pages, any Content or the computer codes of elements comprising the Site. You may however view the Site and access its Content in an unaltered form (for the avoidance of doubt, alterations shall include stretching, compressing, colouring, cropping or altering in any other way so as to distort Content from its original proportions or format) for personal or not-for-profit educational use and make temporary downloads of its Content solely for the purpose and duration of viewing and (where applicable) listening to the Content, provided that you keep intact all copyright notices and otherwise acknowledge the copyright in such Content. We may withdraw this right on notice to you at any time.
Emails from us
Links to and from other websites
You may establish links to the Site provided you:
- do not remove or obscure any copyright notice or other notices on the Site;
- give us notice of such link by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- immediately stop providing such links upon request from us; and
- do not establish embedded links (i.e. direct links to Content on the Site which do not show the rest of the page(s) on which such Content would normally be seen on the Site).
Links within the Site may lead to third party websites which are not under our control. These are intended for your ease of reference and convenience only. We do not control or endorse such websites and are not responsible for their contents. We assume no responsibility for and shall not be liable for any loss or damage which you may suffer by using such websites. You agree that you will not involve us in any dispute between you and any third party in respect of such websites.
The Site may contain Content which some users may find offensive, controversial or distasteful, and/or which is only suitable for adults. If you are a parent, it is your responsibility to ensure that the Site and/or its Content is suitable for your child to view. We recommend that under 18s are supervised when accessing the Site. You should not access Content on the Site if you think you may be offended by it.
Limits on Liability
We do not accept any liability for damage to your computer system or loss of data that results from your use of the Site and we cannot guarantee that any files that you download are free from viruses, contamination or destructive features.
Whilst we use reasonable endeavours to correct any errors or omissions as soon as practicable once they have been brought to our attention, we do not promise that the information on the Site itself will be free from errors or omissions. We do not promise that the Site will be available uninterrupted and in a fully operating condition.
Access to the Site or any part of it may be suspended temporarily and without notice in the case of system failure, maintenance or repair or for reasons reasonably beyond our control.
You agree to compensate us in full for any loss, damages or costs, including reasonable legal fees, which arise if you breach our or any third party's intellectual property rights in connection with your use of the Site and/or any Content, or which result from your use of software robots, spiders, crawlers or similar data gathering and extraction tools, or from any other action you take that imposes an unreasonable burden or load on our infrastructure.
What information do we collect about you?
We may collect and process the following data about you:
- if you choose to register as a user of the Site, we will ask you to provide us with an email address;
- if you want to receive information and updates about the Site and its contents by email, we will ask you to provide us with your email address;
- details of your visits to the Site and the resources that you access; and
- if you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence.
How will we use your information?
We may use Your Information to:
- send you emails containing information and updates about the Site and its contents;
- allow you to save items published on the Site so that you can find them easily on the Site;
- respond to any communications you send us;
- gain a clearer understanding of our users and how they interact with the Site; and
- help us improve the Site.
Cookies and Google Analytics
Cookies are small pieces of information stored by your browser on your computer's hard drive. If you want to know more about cookies and how they work, please refer to the following websites: http://www.allaboutcookies.org and http://www.youronlinechoices.com.
If you are a registered user of the Site, we will use a cookie for the duration of your visit to the Site for the purposes of allowing you to save items so that you can find them again easily. After you close your browser, this cookie will expire.
You may refuse to accept cookies by activating the setting on your browser which allows you to refuse the setting of cookies. Unless you do this, cookies will be issued when you use our Site, but you can delete them via your browser at any time. If you do not accept cookies, or decide to delete them, you will still be able to access and use the Site but you won't be able to save any items. You can also install the Google Analytics Opt-Out Browser Add-On to prevent Google Analytics cookies being set, which is available for download here: http://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout?hl=en.
Will we share or transfer your information?
We will not share Your Information with a third party except:
- where we are under a duty to disclose or share your Information in order to comply with any legal or regulatory obligation;
- if we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets, or if Science Limited or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held about our users will be one of the transferred assets;
- to protect the rights, property, or safety of Science Limited, our employees, other users or others.
We will not transfer any of Your Information to destinations outside of the European Economic Area.
Access to your information, correction and unsubscribing
- To find out more about how your data will be used, or to make a complaint, please contact us at email@example.com.
- You have the right to request a copy of the information that we hold about you. If you would like a copy of some or all of the information we hold about you, please contact us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org. We may make a small charge for this.
- We want to make sure that Your Information is accurate and up to date. You may ask us to correct or remove information you think is inaccurate by contacting us by email at email@example.com.
- You have the right to unsubscribe from any emails we send you. You can do this by clicking on the link at the bottom of every email we send to you or by contacting us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
How to contact us